Single Moms Raising Sons
Single Moms Raising Sons (SMRS) is a ministry under the CWO umbrella of ministries. We are reaching out to single mothers and fatherless sons, a group of people who have been forgotten in many countries. Working through our South African-based ministry leaders, we are ministering to single mothers and their sons, physically, emotionally, spiritually, and educationally. SMRS currently operates out of South Africa with plans to grow ministry beyond the borders of South Africa to other African countries and throughout the world.
Statistics for single moms raising sons?
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes–5 times the average. ( US Dept. of Health/Census)
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.
- 85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)
- 80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes 14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)
- Inner healing modalities – For spiritual, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
- Helping single moms tell their story as testimonies for others.
- Financial freedom and sustainability – Our goal is to help single moms to take steps towards financial freedom and sustainability.
- The signing of adoption papers – A Bible study curriculum on single mothers who raised sons (helping sons find their place in society as a man).
- Men Molding Men – A boy needs a human father figure to train him in Godly character, and responsibilities that will pass from generation to generation.
We are grateful to partner with the Character Company to offer every boy in the program an opportunity to experience at least two camps each year. Mothers are not able to provide these kinds of experiences for their sons, so they are grateful for these camps. Each camp allows the boys to spend quality time with other boys and for adults to speak into their lives while they have fun sitting around campfires, going on late-night hikes and swimming in the river.
When you donate to SMRS through CWO you become part of the solution that serves as a conduit for change, spreading the message of renewed hope, restoring lives, and mending broken dreams. As the fabric of society continues to decline, many kids are raised without a father figure. We want to empower single mothers to thrive in this demanding role while we help them to lead their sons to be Godly men!
Single Mom’s Raising Son’s is a two-fold organization that exists to educate, equip and empower single moms and to help raise a generation of boys to become men with strong values to maximize potential, activate purpose and change the trajectory of their lives and communities.
Co-founders Thembi Myeni (right) and Jeanette Munsami (left) are passionate about enabling single moms to parent their sons to be strong, responsible, Godly men. Single moms with adult sons themselves, Thembi and Jeanette understand the need for women to know their worth as single moms and as God sees them. Helping single moms and their sons know and understand that they have an Eternal Father is a cornerstone to the mission.